正规365体育投注Scripps College welcomes applications from homeschooled students. We are committed to a holistic and thorough review of each application. When evaluating applications, admission officers carefully consider the following factors: academic program and performance, standardized test scores, personal essay, recommendations, and co-curricular activities. If possible, an interview can be helpful to understand your reasons for homeschooling and your homeschool philosophy/structure.
- $60 application fee
- School Report and counselor recommendation
- Two academic teacher recommendations, preferably from junior or senior year classes
- Official transcript(s) from all secondary schools attended
Standardized Testing Policy
- The submission of SAT or ACT exam scores is optional for all applicants to Scripps College.
- Homeschooled students are strongly encouraged to submit SAT or ACT exam scores.
- Should a student submit SAT or ACT exam scores, Scripps College will super-score across exam dates.
- International students educated outside of the U.S. are required to submit the TOEFL or IELTS exam. An international student may request a waiver if their primary language is English or the language of instruction of their high school is English. More info can be found here.
- The deadline for changing a decision about submitting standardized test scores is November 20 for Early Decision I students and January 18 for Early Decision II and Regular Decision students. Students may update their decision about submitting standardized test scores by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission Interviews—Available On and Off Campus
An optional part of the admission process, an interview can give you the opportunity to discuss your interests and goals and to learn more about Scripps. On-campus interviews can be scheduled as part of your visit to Scripps; alternatively, off-campus interviews may be available in your local area.
Scholarships and Need-Based Financial Aid
All first-year applicants are considered for scholarships ranging from $15,000 to $28,000 annually, and the highest award is the James E. Scripps Scholarship. All scholarships are renewable for four years and applicants are notified whether they have been awarded a scholarship at the time of admission. No additional forms or early application is required. Please contact the Admission Office for questions about scholarships, and visit our Office of Financial Aid for information about need-based financial aid, including deadlines and required forms.